Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Qualities of a Good Man.

Despite all the "they're all the same" mentality that flies around the world these days, I still have faith that there are good men and good women out there. I'm a lucky soul, who knows quite a few of them. If you have a pattern of not finding these types of people, it's time to reevaluate yourself--more on that in another post later! Anyways, I've miraculously ended up with a man, who is beyond good and has taught me a few key qualities that good men will have. I thought I'd share them with you, that way if you're still out on the prowl, you can keep them in mind. 


A good man will:

1. Be willing to wear the baby papoose. 
Seriously though, if you're with a guy and you know if you ever had kids together, he wouldn't strap one of those things on and carry your child--run for it! A good guy will not only willingly carry the kid when you ask, he will offer, because 1. He's proud of his family and 2. He knows it hurts your back and you deserve to stare at your man carrying your baby :). 

2. Compliment you.
This sounds so simple and boring, but compliments are hard to come by for a lot of women. You should be with a man that tells you, you look phenomenal when he's thinking it. Or lets you know how proud he is walking into a room with you by his side. Compliments go a long, long way and they should come when you're all dolled up and when you're in sweats with stinky morning breath. Also, they shouldn't just pertain to looks either. Some of the sweetest, most memorable compliments I have gotten from James are about my mind, thoughts, and ideas! 

3. Make your life easier.
This is especially important if you're considering 'forever' with some one. This doesn't mean there is absolutely no disagreements. This means the guy actually tries to help you out. Examples: If you're not a morning person and he lets you sleep in when he has a few spare moments one morning (this is really only if you have kids). If you're having a casual conversation in the morning and randomly say "I've been craving Chinese food" and then that night he brings Chinese food home for dinner and you think he read your mind, because you don't even remember mentioning it. If he opens your doors, lifts heavy things, kills spiders, and takes out the trash.

4. Listen. 
Ever been with some one and you feel like you're talking to a wall? Yeah, that's not the person for you. A good guy will listen with eager eyes about your crazy dreams and ambitions. He will actually have a response, besides "that's cool," or "it is what it is."

5. Believe you. 
Thanks to Google and everyone having a smart phone these days, I feel a lot of women face the annoying situation, where men check the factual statements they've made. If you say something, that you know is a fact, and your man pulls out his phone to double check (not in a playful way, but in an annoying, I don't think you're smart enough to know that way), then this guy is an idiot. You need to be with some one who believes you. And if he doesn't believe you, he has an engaging, playful argument to prove you wrong without putting you down!

6. Make time for you.
If you feel like you can never get a hold of some one, then don't. A good man will make time for his woman. James and I have two kids and he's in a new career and I'm dead tired by the end of the day, but he still finds moments to make time for me. Example: I was cleaning like a mad-woman after the kids had gone to bed one night and he turned off all the lights in our place and started blasting Blake Shelton- Sure Be Cool If You Did and started dancing with me in the living room. A good man will make moments with you! If WE can do it, with our crazy lives, any one can do it! 

7. Make you laugh.
You gotta find a guy that makes you laugh! It is the BEST. James and I laugh every single day. Like laugh-out-loud laugh. I know a lot of people chuckle here and there or get a smirk of happiness, but have you laughed lately? The guy doesn't have to be a comedian either, he'll just get you, he'll get your humor, and he'll make you laugh. Hold out for that. It's awesome. The second time I ever hung out with James, we were eating ice cream and I swear ice cream was coming out of my nose and or dripping out of my mouth, because I was laughing so hard and trying to keep composure and you know when you try to keep composure so you end up looking even more awkward and uncomposed? That was me. Laughing hysterically with ice cream spewing from my face-holes. That's love :). 

Of course, there's tons more about how women should be treated and yada yada, but these 7 things have left me feeling very satisfied in my relationship. I also think women should try to be all of these things to their men as well. When you give, you get, just remember that. 

A good man, may look similar to this...

Cheers to finding those good men!

No comments:

Post a Comment