Thursday, November 20, 2014

CALLING ALL BRING THE HAPPIERS!

Welp, I've decided 2015 is the year I epically change my life! This year, I think I've done a pretty darn good job chasing my dreams, whilst being a wife and mom and yada yada, BUT 2015 doesn't even know what's about to hit it! Bam!

I've got grand plans for my writing, photography and my mission to "bring the happy," that will all be introduced on a new website; launching by January 2015! 

A big part of my new goals is a Bring The Happy mission

My vision: Collect snapshots of what has put a genuine smile on some one else's face, with a few words that describe that moment. On the back of these pictures will be #bringthehappy and contact information. I will randomly and strategically be placing these snapshots all over southern California. Hopefully when one person finds a random, happy picture; they get a smile or better yet, a little chuckle. They'll see the contact info; and send their picture of something that has made them happy. They can also snap a picture of where they found the "Bring The Happy snapshot" and hashtag it. And so, the bring the happy cycle begins.

A Bring The Happy snapshot example:



My hope: That my inbox is inundated with people's snapshots of happiness, so I can sprinkle them all over the world. I know with good intent, these snapshots will find their way to the people who really need them most. Maybe to the woman who isn't liking what she sees in the mirror while trying on clothes, but reaches in the pocket and finds a little snap of happiness. Maybe to the mailman who just wants to get home for dinner, but opens the mail box and a small snapshot of happiness is waiting for him. Maybe to the teen that feels all alone and finds a snapshot under a park bench; making him feel more connected to the world. We all deserve happiness and I really want to start a movement of bringing it. 

Here's how you can be a part of it:

Email me a picture of something that has brought you happiness! It can be anything--even just from your instagram-- a cup of coffee, a flower, your kid, new shoes--any picture that makes you smile EVERY time you look at it. 

Send that to me, at skye.a.mcneill@gmail.com, with a short description (100 words or less) of why it gives you a big grin, when you look at it! I will find the core of your description and minimize it to a few words. **These pictures will be going out into the world, so don't send anything that you want kept private, obviously!**

I will send you an email confirmation that your picture was received. Basically, the picture that brings you a smile, will bring a smile to some one else that needs one, too! 

I am very excited about this, friends! Lets bring some happy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment